Time to kick off our 2011 Native Spot feature with some serious inspiration. My friend Buxter, who is also known as Sinapati Tomuli, who we discovered a little while ago is also pretty close family to me, has spent his life battling some incredible circumstances. Three major car accidents back in his youth – any one of them should have killed him, he says – then the passing of his beloved father in ’95, then, the kind of critical illnesses that keeps him bedridden and hospitalised, countless surgeries on his throat and heart, and then the very recent passing of his precious mother (only a couple months ago), it’s not an exaggeration at all to wonder how this man is still alive. The real miracle, though, is when you get to know him and realize that somehow… in spite of his life, Buxter is happy. How does he explain it? “Well I did pray and tell the Lord that if indeed He DOES have a purpose for me on this earth then I will endure any suffering for His glory, so here I am cuz!” What more can we say to that but Praise the Lord and Amene!
Melbourne ,Victoria, Australia
How did you find One Samoana?
I heard about it from online friends
What’s the funniest/craziest thing you ever witnessed/did in the village?
Well I wouldn’t say it was funny or crazy, but I would always try and geek it in 1samoana, try out different codes……etc….not funny or crazy, but certainly very frustrating!…I wanna be a geek!….LOL…
What’s an experience you had that made you SO proud to be Samoan?
Well there isn’t just one experience I can pin it down too, there’s a whole combination of them, and all of them involve LOVE….the love and respect that we have for one another not only in our families but AS Samoans makes me very proud to be a Samoan
Tell us about your passion/hobby/work
Well, being a very sick person, I am not able to work, but my only passion is to try and be an inspiration to everyone that I meet online and get to know me, as I am constantly in an dout of hospital as some of you may know, but in all that, I have not a worry in the world as I know, God always has my back, all I have to do is believe and have faith in Him.
Whats a project you’re working on that you want everybody to know about?
I don’t have anything that I’m working on at the moment, but you’ll all know when and if I do.
Your final thoughts and shout outs:
Well I’d like acknowledge and thank the owner of this site, my cousin and very dear friend Hamo Geek Girl, thank you cuz, for having me as part of your team, I am honoured to be part of your team, and also for the love and support given to me from my fellow team members, to all my family here in 1samoana….thank you and I love you all and last but not least, a special thank you to all the natives of 1Samoana, thank you for your love and support, for without you, there is no 1Samoana, God bless you all!.
HGG Notes about Buxter:
* Anyone who used to follow the Heman cartoon (go on, lets all show our age together) will remember the Battle Ram (right). The way Bux endures the challenges in his life reminds me of the power and brut force of this pretty cool piece of animated machinery.
* Bux was probably the first person in the ville to pimp the structure of his faleo’o with themeworx codes. Check out the twinkling stars and the soaring eagle on his beautiful page.
* The Buxter has put a lot of work into his Samoan Food Recipes group. Check out the huge collection of recipes he’s gathered from.. well, everywhere! …plus some pretty mouthwatering photos.. mmmmm….
* He’s one of our more conservative Admins in the ville, which helps to balance the mix of personalities we’ve got taking care of things around here. He’s also the one with the most questions for me in my inbox! Lucky I love questions 😀
* Thank you cuz for everything you bring to the ville, for your patience with me esp when I’m not in a very generous or charitable mood (as hard as it must be for people to believe that even I have my off days lol) and most of all for the example you are of faith and endurance and just staying positive. I still don’t know how you do it, but I hope to one day be blessed with even half the courage you have. Much alofas… you’re always in my prayers 🙂 .