Reading is my thing. I have been an avid devourer of books and other things-people-write since I could first make sense of scribble on a page, so it’s incredibly exciting for me when seriously gifted writers venture into the ville.
Eehjay caught my eye with his 1 Bar Cypher game, not just because of the effortless skill in his rhymes, but because of how this one little thread coaxed so many undercover poets out of their faleo’os and so much untapped lyricism out of our Natives.
He’s not one for the spotlight, he tells me, but his quiet artistic confidence is infectious, his natural talent for words is magnetic, and the enigmatic vibe he’s got going on, well… it just makes me want to know more.
Name / Location
E.J. , Washington
How did you find One Samoana?
I found 1Sa on google when I was looking for PFS…I was looking for my old poems….and 1Sa popped up.
What’s the funniest/craziest thing you ever witnessed/did in the village
Still pretty new to this site and I usually stay posted in threads I’m comfortable with, So I haven’t really seen any crazy stuff around. Except for the crazy talent that the folks display…..crazy talent indeed.
What’s an experience you had that made you SO proud to be Samoan?
Being born Samoan is pride in itself. Its part of our genetics to be proud and humble. So I cant really say that a certain incident made me proud because I was proud since birth.
Tell us about your passion / hobby / work
I have a passion for art and anything that pertains to it, music, photography, paint/drawings, dance, literary art, culinary etc……. I get bored with things easily so I tend to switch between the different varieties. Been an avid fan of Hip Hop culture because it incorporates most of that in one.
I play alot of sports, doesnt matter what sport, Im always willing to try it out. But im an allstar in American Football…I play 3 positions….End…Guard…and Tackle….I sit at the End of the bench and Guard the gatorade and Tackle anyone that comes close….hahahahaha….oh yeah grade school humor is still funny to me.
Whats a project you’re working on that you want everybody to know about?
I dont really have a personal project. Just the pursuit of elevation in my writings, music, and drawing. And the steady progression of knowledge and wisdom in life. Knowledge is the information obtained in life as where wisdom is the application of such knowledge in LIVING life.
Your final thoughts and shout outs:
Big ups to all Samoans and Poly people across the globe for striving to better themselves. Mad love to all the 1Sa Natives and the Staff and the creator of this site, HGG. And much love to the Poetry Crew and PFS alumni keep dropping those ill scripts, yall motivate me. One Love and Stay blessed.
HGG Notes about EehJay:
* Visiting his faleo’o is like hanging out at Borders. Grab a hot drink and put your feet up… you could spend a whole day in here just reading…
* His writing is so well crafted it’s hard to believe he spends much time doing anything else. The truth is, by day he’s a soldier – a United States Navy Corpsman to be exact. I’m not 100% sure what that is, but it sounds pretty important…
* One of my favourite blog posts so far in the ville: Failed Senses…(True Story) shows off E.J.’s narrative skills… and drinking(?) skills…
* He’s so blessed with talent, of COURSE he does music, too! Check out E.J.’s audio tracks to date.
* Oh, and like all poets (and Samoan guys), Mr. EehJay’s got a way with the ladies for sure 😉 .